NFL FOOTBALL RESOURCES
Are you ready for some football? The 2013 NFL season is underway and nothing makes football more exciting than a little wagering action. And nothing makes football betting more fun than winning! Sports Betting Acumen is here to help. Use our football betting resources to help you win.
- NFL Football Betting - Main page for our football betting section.
- NFL Power Rankings - Find out where your favorite team stands each week of the 2013 season when we rank each team in the NFL from #1 to #32
- NFL Power Ranking Averages - We take some of the best known power rankings from around the web and rank each NFL team by its average position from #1 to #32
- Winning Football Betting Angles - Check out our NFL football betting angles. Our angles are designed to give the sports betting enthusiast maximum value in their quest to beat the sports book.
- NFL Football Pools - Football office pools make for an entertaining Super Bowl Sunday. We offer information for playing all of the popular football office pools including the ever-popular football square pool complete with template, suicide pool, and weekly pick'em contest.
- NFL Playoff and Super Bowl information and analysis - Sports Betting Acumen will take you from the wild card games right on through the Super Bowl. We'll give you insight into the biggest betting event in the world.
NCAA COLLEGE FOOTBALL RESOURCES
Nothing makes football season more exciting than a little wagering action. And nothing makes football betting more fun than winning! Sports Betting Acumen is here to help. Use our college football betting resources to help you win.
- The College Bowl Season - Sports Betting Acumen has lots of great information that will help you cash winning tickets on college bowl games.
- The Bowl Championship Series (BCS) - The college bowl season concludes with the four major bowl games, known collectively as the BCS, or Bowl Championship Series. Let's be honest, some of the college football bowl games are pretty lame. This year's BCS, however, looks to be a surefire winner. Check out who's in and who's out of the BCS. And don't forget to see who we think will win the Big Games of the BCS.
- College Football Office Bowls - Have you ever played a college football office pool contest? If not, you are missing out. College football bowl contests add a lot of fun to the Holidays and we have everything you need to set one up. College Bowl Pools include the popular 100, 50, and 25 square box pools; College Bowl Picke 'Em, and the College Bowl Challenge.
- Winning College Football Betting Angles - Check out our college football betting angles. Our angles are designed to give the sports betting enthusiast maximum value in their quest to beat the sports book.
- NCAA Football Power Rankings - Weekly top 25 NCAA College Football rankings for the 2013 season. AP Top 25 and USA Today Poll.
- NCAA College Football Rivalries - Handicapping college football rivalry games is much different than handicapping regular season college football games and even college football bowl games. See what makes a good college football rivalry game, learn which games are the best college football rivalries - Rivalry Week and otherwise, and get some unique handicapping tips for the rivalry games.
Sports enthusiasts can make money betting on their favorite sports by following simple, time-tested trends and angles and employing a smart betting strategy
Sports betting is sweeping the nation. The United States is a nation of sports lovers and gambling fools. When you put these two together, you have a nation of sports betting fanatics. That's what this site is about - sports betting. More specifically, we want to show you how to win at sports betting.
Sports betting is our real national pastime. Don't believe me? Then why is the Super Bowl the highest rated TV event? Why is March Madness the second highest rated event? True, they are great athletic championships, but even more important, they are great sports betting opportunities. If you're not already winning at this great pastime, it's time you began.
Whether you hope to someday earn a living at sports betting, or whether sports betting is just a fun hobby that you would like to become less expensive - or even profitable - you've come to the right place.
Just how popular has sports betting become? Over $380 billion per year is wagered on sports in the U.S., making sports betting the most popular form of gambling. If you ask me, sports betting is also the most enjoyable form of gambling. I'm not the only one who thinks this as studies have shown that more than 1 out of 2 adults in America places at least one sports bet each year.
So why has sports betting become so popular? The answer is, in a word, accessibility. Sports betting is the easiest form of gambling to pursue. It used to be that you had to have a bookie or take a trip to Las Vegas to place a sports wager. Now, all you have to do is log onto the internet and place a bet with your online sportsbook. It's that easy! After that, you can turn on the TV and watch your sports bet play out, for unlike most other forms of gambling, sports betting is played out wherever you happen to be watching; at home, work, in a lively sports bar, or even in front of your computer.
Winning at sport betting, or any other type of gambling, is not about luck. It is about keen insight (acumen) hard work, discipline and money management. Far from being lucky, successful sports betting is a function of acquired skill.
Winning at sports betting, although it takes the aforementioned skill, is not as difficult as it may seem. There are really only a few tenets you need to subscribe to in order to make yourself a winner at sports betting. Here is my list of sports betting musts:
- You must have a positive attitude. Believe that you can, and will, win at sports betting.
- You must have a game plan.
- You must be prepared to grind out a profit.
- You must never forget that the sportsbook has and advantage over you.
- You must know the odds (this applies more to general gambling that to sports betting, but is still a MUST).
- You must manage your money wisely.
These tenets of successful sports betting aren't at all hard to learn or adhere to. To do so, however, you must follow the last, and most important, rule of successful sports betting:
- You must be disciplined.
Believe it or not, most sports bettors do not employ these basic rules. I don't mean that they don't employ all of them. I mean that they don't employ any of them! Each of these sports betting rules will be covered in various parts of this site. Please take the time to study them and practice. Remember, sports betting is an acquired skill, so practice is a MUST.