Welcome to Sports Betting Acumen
Make sports betting profitable with our expert resources, wagering advice, tips and picks
Check out our basketball wagering resources!
The 2012-13 NCAA basketball season is underway. Be a part of the exciting action by booking some action at your favorite sportsbook. Use our college basketball betting resources to turn your action into wins.
- NCAA Tournament 1st Round Breakdown - The opening weekend of the NCAA Basketball tournament features great basketball games, frenzied betting and NCAA Bracket contests. We give you a breakdown of how the seeds have performed against each other over time. Use this secret edge to hit your bets and score huge in your bracket contest.
- March Madness Betting Basics - The college basketball regular season might as well just be called the preliminaries. The Big Dance is what it's all about when it comes to college basketball. There is serious money to be made in March if you have a good betting strategy.
- March Madness Action Betting Strategies - The college basketball regular season might as well just be called the preliminaries. The Big Dance is what it's all about when it comes to college basketball. There is serious money to be made in March if you have a good betting strategy.
- Winning College Basketball Betting Angles - Our betting angles are designed to give sports bettors maximum value in their quest to beat the sportsbooks. We think that you will find out winning angles logical, easy to follow and profitable.
- NCAA Baskeball Pools - The NCAA Basketball Tournament - also known as March Madness and the Big Dance - provide an amazing opportunity for office pool enthusiasts. Filling out tournament brackets for office pool contests has become as much a right of spring as baseball. Learn how to run a popular March Madness office pool and follow your favorite teams to the Final Four.
The NBA is experiencing a surge in its popularity. This is due to the influx of great young players into the league. Use our basketball betting resources to tap into the action once the season is underway!
- Winning Pro Basketball Betting Angles - Our betting angles are designed to give sports bettors maximum value in their quest to beat the sportsbooks. We think that you will find out winning angles logical, easy to follow and profitable.
- NBA Basketball Office Pools - Even if you're not big into gambling (what!?), you will find the NBA season a little more entertaining if you participate in an office pool. Check out our fun office pools for the NBA and other sports too.
- Handicapping Services - Not all betting services are created equal. They all want your business, but very few actually deserve it. We recommend a select few that we feel are worthy.
Sports enthusiasts can make money betting on their favorite sports by following simple, time-tested trends and angles and employing a smart betting strategy
Sports betting is sweeping the nation. The United States is a nation of sports lovers and gambling fools. When you put these two together, you have a nation of sports betting fanatics. That's what this site is about - sports betting. More specifically, we want to show you how to win at sports betting.
Sports betting is our real national pastime. Don't believe me? Then why is the Super Bowl the highest rated TV event? Why is March Madness the second highest rated event? True, they are great athletic championships, but even more important, they are great sports betting opportunities. If you're not already winning at this great pastime, it's time you began.
Whether you hope to someday earn a living at sports betting, or whether sports betting is just a fun hobby that you would like to become less expensive - or even profitable - you've come to the right place.
Just how popular has sports betting become? Over $380 billion per year is wagered on sports in the U.S., making sports betting the most popular form of gambling. If you ask me, sports betting is also the most enjoyable form of gambling. I'm not the only one who thinks this as studies have shown that more than 1 out of 2 adults in America places at least one sports bet each year.
So why has sports betting become so popular? The answer is, in a word, accessibility. Sports betting is the easiest form of gambling to pursue. It used to be that you had to have a bookie or take a trip to Las Vegas to place a sports wager. Now, all you have to do is log onto the internet and place a bet with your online sportsbook. It's that easy! After that, you can turn on the TV and watch your sports bet play out, for unlike most other forms of gambling, sports betting is played out wherever you happen to be watching; at home, work, in a lively sports bar, or even in front of your computer.
Winning at sport betting, or any other type of gambling, is not about luck. It is about keen insight (acumen) hard work, discipline and money management. Far from being lucky, successful sports betting is a function of acquired skill.
Winning at sports betting, although it takes the aforementioned skill, is not as difficult as it may seem. There are really only a few tenets you need to subscribe to in order to make yourself a winner at sports betting. Here is my list of sports betting musts:
- You must have a positive attitude. Believe that you can, and will, win at sports betting.
- You must have a game plan.
- You must be prepared to grind out a profit.
- You must never forget that the sportsbook has and advantage over you.
- You must know the odds (this applies more to general gambling that to sports betting, but is still a MUST).
- You must manage your money wisely.
These tenets of successful sports betting aren't at all hard to learn or adhere to. To do so, however, you must follow the last, and most important, rule of successful sports betting:
- You must be disciplined.
Believe it or not, most sports bettors do not employ these basic rules. I don't mean that they don't employ all of them. I mean that they don't employ any of them! Each of these sports betting rules will be covered in various parts of this site. Please take the time to study them and practice. Remember, sports betting is an acquired skill, so practice is a MUST.