NFL Football Playoff Bracket Office Pool Template and Rules
You are here
Learn how to set up an NFL Playoff Bracket office pool. Free printable NFL Playofs Bracket pool template, sheets, and rules
Most states in the U.S. have clarified their laws regarding this form of entertainment to allow it as long as 100 percent of the funds in the pool are paid back out to the contestants. We strongly suggest that you check both your local laws and workplace rules before participating in any office pool.
NFL Playoff Bracket Rules
- Print our NFL Playoff Bracket pool template.
- Decide how much it will cost to buy into the pool.
- Elect a Commissioner who will be responsible for collecting and holding onto the money and filled in brackets.
- Now comes the hard part - fill in the bracket with the team you think will win each NFL playoff series. Here's how the games are organized:
- 1st Round - Wild Card: #1 and #2 seeds receive byes, the #4 seed plays the #5 seed, and the #3 seed plays the #6 seed.
- 2nd Round - Divisional: #1 seed plays the lowest remaining seed from their conference.
- 3rd Round - Conference Championship: Winners of the Divisional round play each other.
- 4th Round - Super Bowl: Winners of Conference Championsip play each other.
- Come up with a tie breaker. Examples include total points cored in the championship series or the total points scored in all NFL playoff games.
- Have your Commissioner collect the buy-in money and filled-in playoff brackets.
- To ensure fairness, make copies of everyone's brackets and distribute a copy of each player's bracket to everyone in the pool.
- Now determine how many points each series of each round is worth before the playoffs begin. Any point system is fine but we recommend one that increases every round. For example: Wild Card - 1 point, Divisional Championship - 2 points, Conference Championsip - 3 points, and 5 points for the Super Bowl.
- Decide if your pool is winner take all or whether you want to have multiple winners for second place, third place, etc.
- Once the Championship series is over and we have a new Super Bowl Champion, tally the scores earned by each player. The player with the highest number wins. The player with the second highest score is second place and so on.
- Distribute the money to the winners and have them buy everyone a beer!
NFL Playoff Bracket Printable Template
Click to print the template
More NFL Football Office Pools
Office Pool Resources - Free Printable Templates and Instructions