Sports Betting Acumen

Sports Betting Acumen Forum

Share picks, selections, and your sports betting success stories with your fellow handicappers!

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Horse Racing
 Boxcar's Handicapping Methodology
 Your Favorite BHM Angles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

First Place

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2010 :  16:43:31  Show Profile Send First Place a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(Post #1)

Here are a few of Boxcar's angles I regularly come across that serve me well in pointing to live horses that many times don't have the better or best figures, ratings, form, etc., and which finish in the money a high percentage of the time in Trifecta and Superfecta wagers, bets that I specifically focus on:

A, BA

B, BB

F123, F124, etc.

LoHi

HiLo

FDK

LW

What are yours?

FP

It's easy when you know how!

Edited by - First Place on 12/12/2010 17:30:05

sweep11

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2010 :  04:01:36  Show Profile Send sweep11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(Post #2)

Back in 07 delayjf asked the same question. See thread 'Favorite Angles'. He too didn't get many responses. The ? is hard to answer because we don't really look at them as stand alones. That is, except for a few 'FO' perhaps.

That being said, I do have a few I like to look for in the combo mix: D, SD & PR2. I also like to see one or more of the last race performance angles - HC,HW or one of the M. Add to that some class (TI) maneuvering - BX, FE or BW1 &2.

As you can see the list gets pretty long. My starting point though is to look at fresh horses, those with FH. Anyway these are my starting points.

Also high on my list are the UFI angles and PI. Jeese, I named nearly half of them! - So, I supose I should conclude by saying that I also like all the others too.
Go to Top of Page

First Place

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2010 :  15:26:34  Show Profile Send First Place a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(Post #3)

Ha, your memory is better than mine's! Thanks for reminding me.

"we don't really look at them as stand alones."

I concur. I did not mean to imply that. I use them in tandem with my computer program (BLAM) to give me additional insights into a given race...and they surely do!

FP

Go to Top of Page

First Place

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  12:00:30  Show Profile Send First Place a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(Post #4)

I'll add the C and beaten C (BC) angle to my favorites list. I also like the modifed version of the "M" angle (AM).

FP

Go to Top of Page

gl45

Italy
110 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  16:24:13  Show Profile Send gl45 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(Post #5)

my favorite J1 -J1 D DSL A B BA BBA HILO LOHI CB SO B BX F FR ES SOS FDK, and some of the workouts
and how are you guys, we should chat more often and maybe post some of the selections
Go to Top of Page

First Place

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2011 :  04:02:43  Show Profile Send First Place a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(Post #6)

quote:
Originally posted by gl45

my favorite J1 -J1 D DSL A B BA BBA HILO LOHI CB SO B BX F FR ES SOS FDK, and some of the workouts
and how are you guys, we should chat more often and maybe post some of the selections

Hi, Pino! Great to hear from you. Yes, you're right, we should revive (my word) this forum. Boxcar's angles are as potent as ever. I use them in tandem with Black Magic to verify, support, down grade, or eliminate horses that the program has listed favorably but truly are not horse(s) capable of living up to their numbers in that particular race.

FP

Go to Top of Page

First Place

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2011 :  04:04:11  Show Profile Send First Place a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(Post #7)

quote:
Originally posted by First Place

Here are a few of Boxcar's angles I regularly come across that serve me well in pointing to live horses that many times don't have the better or best figures, ratings, form, etc., and which finish in the money a high percentage of the time in Trifecta and Superfecta wagers, bets that I specifically focus on:

A, BA

B, BB

F123, F124, etc.

LoHi

HiLo

FDK

LW

What are yours?

FP

Update:

AM, BC, BX, C, FC, PT2, PT3

Edited by - First Place on 08/31/2011 04:11:51
Go to Top of Page

JimG

27 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  09:37:14  Show Profile Send JimG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(Post #8)

quote:

quote:

A, BA

B, BB

F123, F124, etc.

LoHi

HiLo

FDK

LW

What are yours?

FP

Update:

AM, BC, BX, C, FC, PT2, PT3

Hi FP and Pino,

Did Boxcar ever put the angles in software form or are you using pen and paper to come up with them? Interesting that you are using in conjunction with BLAM. Hope things are going well for the two of you.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

First Place

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  15:38:05  Show Profile Send First Place a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(Post #9)

quote:
Originally posted by JimG

Hi FP and Pino,

Did Boxcar ever put the angles in software form or are you using pen and paper to come up with them? Interesting that you are using in conjunction with BLAM. Hope things are going well for the two of you.

Jim

Jim, hello,

If you search this forum thread you'll find mention of Boxcar's AngleMaster software and several cards of races that were posted. Unfortunately, the program wasn't for sale as Boxcar initially intended to--just available via subscription basis. As much as I'd love to have a copy, I don't blame Boxcar for not selling it; it would only serve to drive the mutuels down on longshot horses and ruin it for us.

The only downside to BHM is scanning the past performances by eye (both of them ); that's why I only look for about a dozen or so angles and it serves me well.

As far as using it with BLAM is concerned, just consider it an extension of Michael's Advanced Form Patterns.

Later,

FP

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sports Betting Acumen Forum © 2004 -2014 Sports Betting Acumen Go To Top Of Page