Sports Betting Acumen

Sports Betting Acumen Forum

Share picks, selections, and your sports betting success stories with your fellow handicappers!

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Horse Racing
 Boxcar's Handicapping Methodology
 Angle Question
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

First Place

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2010 :  03:58:15  Show Profile Send First Place a Private Message
(Post #1)

Hello all,

I must've missed it somewhere along the way but can someone please explain to me the signficance of the asterisk * when included in the angles parameters?

Here's an example:

LR Price or Class *> to 2RB Price or Class.

I understand the "greater than" symbol but what does the asterisk signify?

Regards,

FP

It's easy when you know how!

alsoranmike

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  08:25:29  Show Profile Send alsoranmike a Private Message
(Post #2)

this is a quote from one of the lessons on here regarding another angle, but maybe the same applies for your asterisk:

"(Post #7)

I take that back, Biz -- You're missing two very important angles here, which made this horse very betable. However, I'll cut you some slack on the BW2 because this requires a special rule which I'm holding off on sending these rules until they've been tested. The horse has conflicting EFs, (TR.SBS *> to LR, 2RB.SBS) and TR.D <* to LR, 2RB, 3RB].D

SBS = statebred status. And *> and <* are qualitative expressions for superior and inferior, respectively. Therefore, according to how I've addressed this specific conflict in the Special Rules, this horse would be credited with the BW2, giving him the powerful the bw2/lc combo.

But you're still missing one important angle. Hint: It's strongly related to the PR fcm.

Boxcar"

Man, after being out the game for four years or so, and just now trying to get back into it, I can't believe how much I've forgotten.
Go to Top of Page

First Place

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2011 :  17:51:26  Show Profile Send First Place a Private Message
(Post #3)

Thanks for answering my question!

Best regards,

FP

It's easy when you know how!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sports Betting Acumen Forum © 2004 -2014 Sports Betting Acumen Go To Top Of Page