Sports Betting Acumen

Sports Betting Acumen Forum

Share picks, selections, and your sports betting success stories with your fellow handicappers!

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Horse Racing
 Boxcar's Handicapping Methodology
 Read Me First, Please
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

boxcar

USA
1825 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  00:34:59  Show Profile Send boxcar a Private Message
(Post #1)

Welcome, One and All, to the BHM Forum!

I am known in the online handicapping community as “Boxcar”. I came by this handle honestly many years ago when a friend of mine in the real world pinned this nickname on me one day at the track because we managed on that [still] memorable day to connect on a few winners whose mutuels resembled “boxcar” numbers.

I am now retired from my full time occupation as a turf speculator for personal reasons. However, I still love the game that for over 30 years provided for my livelihood. And for this reason, I’m willing to share my insights that I have gleaned over this long period of time with anyone who is willing to listen. To this end, therefore, this forum, which has so graciously been provided to me by Kingfin (now SBA) and his brother (the Admin), is dedicated to an exposition of sorts of my Handicapping Methodology.

My comprehensive approach, which is based in large part on the late Ray Taulbot’s Pace-Composite Methodology, is all but lost to this generation of handicappers; for handicapping approaches that are being marketed, sold and touted today are largely quantitative in nature, whereas mine, for the most part, is of the qualitative kind. Naturally, these approaches differ significantly from one another in several respects. Yet, this does not necessarily make them mutually exclusive; for they can indeed be used to complement one another, if done properly. I believe that my Traditional, “Old World” approach to this complex game can be used successfully with the Modern, “New World” approaches of today.

Having said all this, please understand that I operate under time constraints. My retirement from the game does not mean I live a life of endless leisure. (I have not retired from living a full life!) I have other responsibilities that require my attention and commitments to honor. Because there is so much material to cover, there will be no time for pre-race handicapping exercises on my part. Besides, this is not the purpose of this forum. My only reason for being here is to help interested racing fans to become more effective players – hopefully to the point where many of you will become consistent winning handicappers, if you’re not already. But if you are, then to make your play even more profitable than it already is.

Best regards,
Boxcar

Previous Topic Topic   
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sports Betting Acumen Forum © 2004 -2014 Sports Betting Acumen Go To Top Of Page