Horse Racing

You are here


Let's face it, 95 percent of all horseplayers (or more!) lose money at horse racing. We want to help you become part of the other 5 percent - THE WINNERS.

Top 5 Sportbooks for Horce Racing

Rated #1
AVAILABLE:
USA
Deposit bonus:
+50% up to $250

Rated #2
AVAILABLE:
USA
Deposit bonus:
+50% up to $250

Rated #3
AVAILABLE:
USACanada
Deposit bonus:
+50% up to $2,500

Rated #4
AVAILABLE:
USACanada
Deposit bonus:
+25% up to $250

Rated #5
AVAILABLE:
USA
Deposit bonus:
+100% up to $250

Latest Horse Racing News

Betting on Horse Racing 101

Horse Racing

Fortunately, most handicappers wager on horse races without the benefit of the information offered for free at Sports Betting Acumen.

  • 2014 Triple Crown - Kentucky Derby - Preakness - Belmont Stakes - 2014 Triple Crown Information, News and Vegas Odds for the 139th Churchill Downs Kentucky Derby, the 139th Preakness Stakes, and the 146th Belmont Stakes
  • Horseracing 101 - Beginner's Guide to Horse Racing - If you're a newcomer to the Sport of Kings there is much you will need to learn. In Horseracing 101, we provide all the basic information that a beginner will need to enjoy a day at the races; including definitions, explanations of basic horseracing bets and wagers, and much, much more. Take the time to study the basics of horseracing before heading to the track, and who knows, you just might find a new favorite pasttime!
  • Horse Racing Wagering Information - To win at horse racing, you must be both a good handicapper and a good better. In fact, many people feel that the betting aspect of the game is even more important than the handicapping side. We offer some basic wagering information as well as some more advanced bet structuring techniques.
  • Takeout Chart for North American Racetracks - Horse racing track takeout chart shows the takeout rate, the tax or rake withheld from the various betting pools, for all of the North American racetracks.
  • The Triple Crown - The Triple Crown Exemplifies the Excitement of Thoroughbred Horse Racing. It Also Makes for Great Betting Opportunities.
  • Horse Racing Handicapping Articles and Information - To win at horse racing, you must be both a good handicapper and a good better. In fact, many people feel that the betting aspect of the game is even more important than the handicapping side. We offer some basic wagering information as well as some more advanced bet structuring techniques.
  • Horse Racing Systems - There are many horse racing systems on the market today, but only a few of them are of any use to a horse bettor. We'll recommend some horse racing systems that can actually help you. In addition, we'll show you some techniques for using system-identified horses in your exotics wagers.
  • How to Win at Horse Racing - This is why you came here right? To find the secret to winning at the races. The secret is that there is no secret to winning at horse racing. All it takes is patience, a sound methodology, a plan of attack and some Sports Betting Acumen. There is no such thing as a Black Box, but there are very important principles to winning at horse racing that we would very much like to share with you.
  • Horse Racing Terms - Horse racing has a very unique vocabulary. Horse racing also features a very esoteric document called the Racing Form. In this section, we tell you what many of these terms mean.
  • Software Reviews - The horse racing software industry has exploded in the past several years. Where there were once DOS-based programs that required tedious data entry, there are now highly technologically advanced programs that make handicapping a very quick process. Sports Betting Acumen tries to review any software that we can get our hands on. If you are a software developer, and would like us to review your software, drop us a line.
  • Horse Racing News, Information and Resources - Here you will find links to some of the other great horse racing sites on the Internet. You can also check Equibase for free information regarding entries, scratches, cancellation and, especially, results.
  • Handicapper's Library - No great horse racing or handicapping site would be complete without an offering of important works by the "experts" in the field of horse racing. Learn from the best horseplayers in the world and become your own expert.

Other Horse Racing Resources