Super Bowl Prop bet pools are a great way to enjoy the big game with your family, friends or co-workers. While easy to set up and run, we've included instructions, sample prop bet sheets, and rules below just in case you need them. Most states in the U.S. have clarified their laws regarding this form of entertainment, allowing it as long as 100 percent of the funds in the pool are paid back out to the contestants. We strongly suggest that you check both your local laws and workplace rules before participating in any office pool.
Proposition or Side Bet pools have become an extremely popular form of Super Bowl office pool. Prop bets are posed in the form of a question. Who will do something? Will something happen? Will something not happen? The questions can be anything and some of them are quite imaginative. Some of them are downright silly. For example, some past prop bets have included questions like: What will the color of the Gatorade dumped on the winning coach be? Will Madonna wear a hat at any point during the halftime show?
Most prop bets are slightly more serious, but they can still be unusual. Classic Super Bowl prop questions include: Which team will score first? Who will win the coin toss? And any other side bet you can think of.
Super Bowl Prop Pool Rules
- Either print our list of 25 Super Bowl props or create your own list of props. We chose 25 props because that number seemed manageable but your prop list can include more or fewer props. It's up to you.
- Decide how much it will cost to buy into the pool and collect the money from each participant.
- Decide how many winners there will be. Is your pool going to be Winner Take All or will you have first, second, and third places?
- Have your pool participants fill out and turn in their answers to the prop questions before the start of the Super Bowl.
- Participants are awarded one (1) point for each correct answer.
- Whoever has the most points at the end of the Super Bowl wins.
- In the event of a tie, the tie breaker question determines the final winner(s).
- Distribute the money to the winner(s) and have them buy everyone a beer!
Super Bowl Prop Pool Printable Template
More NFL Football Office Pools
- Super Bowl Pools
- Super Bowl Pool Fun Alternate Rules and Variations
- 100 Square NFL Pool
- 50 Square NFL Pool
- 25 Square NFL Pool
- 10 Square NFL Pool
- 33 Point NFL Pool
- NFL Power Rankings Pool
- NFL Suicide Pool
- NFL Playoff Bracket
- NFL Playoff Survivor Pool
- NFL Playoff Power Ranking Pool
- NFL Playoff Squares Pool
- NFL Playoff Confidence Pool
- Super Bowl Prop Pool